Saturday, February 11, 2012

Today...

Being that it has been a while since the last post I am going to have to say...don't really care! The last year has been a busy one to say the least but has been one of a lot of growth of a personal and spiritual place so it has been good despite pain and struggles.

Still running and loving it...ran out side today as part of my training for an upcoming half marathon and boy I thought I would never do this! It was 3 degrees out and the wind was moving which put it at a wind chill of -15! I think I have lost my mind.

I will admit it was chilly...but it was a very nice run...sure beats heat and humidity! Why do this...not to sure I guess? Don't feel like I am running from anything but to something, tend to spend a lot of time clearing my head, praying and chatting with God so I really enjoy that time with Him.

It is amazing how going in the right direction can be tough...the run out was into the wind, but then the same right path makes a turn and into the sun you go! It warms up and all is easy...same run, same path, same God but with a little push everything changes!

However I will say it all depends on perspective cause I did enjoy the first part of the run as much as I did the latter...one was just easier than the other. Easy or not we can still find joy and thankfulness in everything we do...no matter how painful or tough it is for the moment.

Yeah I admit...some parts are easier. However if we never get pushed we never find out or true strength.

No comments: