Thursday, June 11, 2009
by S. Truett Cathy, Founder and Chairman of Chick-fil-A
1. Every child I know who overcame long odds and grew into a responsible adult can point to an adult who stepped into his or her life as a friend, mentor, and guide.
2. Don’t be too concerned that your children don’t listen to you. But be very concerned that they see everything you do.
3. Be so consistent in your discipline that you’re boring.
4. Stop arguing in front of your children.
5. You may think children have outgrown the desire to be rocked to sleep at night. They haven’t.
6. Children will never believe in the covenant of marriage unless they see you living it with their own eyes.
7. How do you know if a child needs encouragement? If he or she is breathing.
* Excerpts taken from Cathy’s 2004 book: It’s Better to Build Boys Than Mend Men
Monday, June 08, 2009
"The home is central to spiritual unity.
- He who speaks critically in public usually speaks even more critically at home. - He who seeks to domineer in public has the habit of wanting his or her own way at home. - The person who causes friction in public usually sulks at home, pouts at home, or makes wounds at home by sarcastic and cutting remarks. - The person who fills the ears of the public with gossip and criticism usually says even more to the people within the home. - She who poisons the thoughts of the neighbors or the church usually fills her own home with poisoned air from her unsanctified mouth."
I have to say I agree with the statement "The home is central to spiritual unity." It all starts from home and moves out to the world from there!
Can you see that "love" is the first key to "unity" that then brings the "power".
1Co 13:13 And so faith, hope, love abide [faith--conviction and belief respecting man's relation to God and divine things; hope--joyful and confident expectation of eternal salvation; love--true affection for God and man, growing out of God's love for and in us], these three; but the greatest of these is love.
Wow love not faith is the greatest...then after the love comes:
Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
With the unity or one accord...then comes:
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Then the power. However it all starts with "The home is central to spiritual unity.
ooh well just some rambling by yours truly!
Sunday, June 07, 2009
However we let something come in and control us that should have no control over us at all...disappointment! This little bugger shows up in unfulfilled expectations that we either put on ourselves or on others. Then when it doesn't happen when we think it should we get disappointed and start down the path of offense.
If we keep our focus on the word of God and understand timing we will be alright!
Wednesday, June 03, 2009
What I do know is I had a very good time from hanging out with old friends (Kevin, Susan, Nate, Evan, Jake, Sheena, Trent, and Jess) to all of the new friends that where made!
I have to say that the "pig roast" was a high light! Thanks for the hospitality Jackson family!
The one thing that really struck me was seeing those that I have watched grow up now doing what God has called them...I felt pretty stupid cause all I could do is sit and stare in awe!
The trip was fun but seeing them blessed me the most...thank you Father!