Friday, December 26, 2008

My Boys are old school...

I have to say that there is not much on TV that I really want my kids watching...so with that said we watch a lot of TV sometimes...HUH!

Like Batman...from the 1960's not to sure what to make of myself but I just don't want my kidos feeding on all that junk!

Kelly and I where talking tonight with some friends about the stuff we grew up watching like the "Smurfs" and someone made the point that smurfett was actually a spell that gargomel cast on her...weird!

Then one of the ladies pointed out that Smurfett would make comments like "so do you like what you see there boys"...just not sure I want my boy starting to think that way?

Maybe I am weird...I dont know...you can say well you watched it and turned out just fine! True but I also dealt with a lot of junk growing up...oh well just trying to protect my kidos! Maybe I am being a little over protective...?

2 comments:

mommak said...

Did you mean to say that our kids watch a lot of "old" TV shows (on DVD) and not a lot of the new stuff on actual "current" TV shows...

Either way - I say God is faithful to help us bring them up in the way they should go (look what we watched and we turned out okay) we'll do our best and God will take care of everything! :) Love you sweetie!

Anonymous said...

You are not over protective, just being wise. Train up a child in the way he should go... You guys are great parents!