Thursday, September 04, 2008

Interesting day so far...

Took the boys to the park before lunch to hang out and have some fun...
Connor climbing up to the slide...














Colton climbing the rock wall...yeah I know this park has a little rock wall for the kids...Amazing!














Then I got to thinking about how much fun we where having and how much I missed my hunting buddy Sandie...she was a ton of fun to have around. The boys loved her and Chayse always played with her. She was one of the best dogs I have know when it came to "being around kids".

Then I get a call from a young person that has had a tragedy and I mean a big one happen a few months ago...watching the person you care about die. As my two boys played in the park we talked on the phone about how much this person is missed and how a birthday of the person who is still alive is not much to celebrate...and we cried together!

In the next few days we will sit down and talk some more...and I am happy for that...and I thank God that I do not have to pull from my wisdom but from His.

I know that this could be a downer of a post but I don't want it to be that way. I realized on the bike ride home with the boys how unable I was to describe how thankful I am of what God has blessed me with. First and foremost the empty cross...i am redeemed because of Jesus! Next my wife, children, and family (yes even the in-laws). Then my friends and leaders who have spoken into my life over the years. After that my job and my church they are one in the same i guess...because I love what I do!

Funny how you can go from playing to crying to overwhelmingly thankful in the matter of an hour!

No comments: