Friday, November 06, 2009

Best Birthday Ever...

I love my wife and kids and thank God for them always...they blessed my heart very much on my birthday this year. My crew of 6th, 7th, and 8th graders overwhelmed me on Wednesday night at the end of service by presenting me a card that they had signed...it was hard not to cry after that one (thanks guys)!

However Thursday night I recived a phone call from someone that is just about the most important person in my life that I have little to no relationship with (yeah I know weird statement) but this person has a huge impact on my life...I will explain.

I was born Nov. 4th 1972...my biological father died 3 months prior leaving my mom and I all alone. Here is where a young lady comes into play and has an affect on my life till this date. She is my mom's pastors daughter and needs a place to live so she decides to live with me and my mom and moves in around the time I was born.

I have pictures of this person holding me and playing with me and even dressing me up as saint nick...I also have pictures of her putting me in the vegetable drawer of the fridge! She ment to stay with us for 3 months and it ended up being 3 years...and I thank God for her being there to help my mom and I thru a very tough time in life.

Thursday night 11.05.09 Kelly, my mom, Chris and Bobbi Brooks where all seated around our dining room table (I really love these people) doing what we do best when we get together and that is make fun of ourselves and laugh! Mom's phone rang she answered, said a few words and handed the phone to me...once I figured out who was on the line wishing me a happy birthday I had to step out side to keep it together.

...Sharon thank you so much for helping me and my mom 37 years ago...thank you for being Gods hands, feet and heart...you made a difference.

No comments: